By registering on this portal and submitting a tender, the bidder hereby consents to providing the ELIDZ with personal information as provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013 (POPIA).
The ELIDZ undertakes to:
- It will take all reasonable steps and precautions to preserve the integrity of bidders Personal Information and to prevent any corruption or loss of such data.
- It will not do any of the following: copy, compile, collect, collate, process, store, transfer, alter, delete, interfere with or in any other manner use the bidders Personal Information as described in the Act for any purpose other than with the express prior written consent of the bidder.
- Utilize the personal information provided for the purposes of assessment of the tender submitted by the bidder and contracting with the successful bidder as the case may be.
- It will immediately inform the bidder in writing if any Personal Information relating to it has been compromised. The ELIDZ undertakes to immediately inform the bidder in writing as to how it will manage such compromise and what steps will be taken to rectify the situation.
- Due and reasonable care of the bidders personal information and not to share the said personal information with any third party unless you have authorised such disclosure or the release of such information is required by law.
- At all times strictly comply with its obligations under Data Protection Legislation.
- Subject to legislative, regulatory, contractual and other legitimate conditions, the respective bidder has certain rights in terms of how their information is processed. The bidder can request access to information or guidance on how to lodge a complaint from or direct a request to exercise afforded rights to the ELIDZ Information Officer, or his/her deputy/ies, or the Information Regulator.
- It will maintain guidelines, policies or procedures for the retention or destruction of data and will retain it only as long as necessary for the identified purposes or to meet legal requirements or policies.
- It shall implement and maintain, at its cost and expense, appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of Personal Information and unlawful access to or Processing of Personal Information.
The ELIDZ shall not incur any liability for costs, loss or damage arising from the use of inaccurate or incomplete data provided by or on behalf of the bidder.